I don’t know what it’s really called but my friends and I call it Crack, and I’m sticking with the name.
It’s sorta like Puppy Chow, that Midwestern snack everyone from Kentucky, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Oklahomo** knows how to make. Think Muddy Buddies but no chocolate, just a caramel glaze. Add cashews and M&Ms for the bells and whistles.
** The state is now referred to as Oklahomo among my friends because our friend
Nathong Nathan missed our reunion in Seoul because his parents moved to… Oklahomo.
Here’s a How To:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extra
- 1 box Chex Mix (12 oz)
- brown paper bag
- wax paper
Do this shit:
- Melt the butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium sauce pan. Stir constantly to prevent sticking; it’s a bitch to scrub off so don’t fuck up this step.
- Remove from heat once the mixture starts to bubble. It’s fucking hot; don’t let it pop onto your skin. Add in baking soda and vanilla. Stir until incorporated. It’ll look like really bad diarrhea but it’ll be good; I swear.
- Put the Chex Mix in the brown paper bag (if you want to add cashews/peanuts do it now so the nuts can join the party). Pour molten goodness into the bag.
- Close the bag and then shake the shit out of it so the liquid diabeetus coats everything.
- Microwave the bag in 30 second intervals and then shake it like a Polaroid picture again. There should be a nice glaze on everything unless if you suck at shaking things. In that case, hand it over to Michael J. Fox.
- Spread the Crack over wax paper so it can dry a bit.
I know I gave you shit for calling it Crack before, but damn this is good.
–Abe, the little bro